Dr. Md. Abdul Matin
Advisory, Experts and Consultancy Services
Involved as advisor, specialist consultancy and expert services to national water related projects. Some of the projects are -
- Reviewer, River Training Works : Padma Bridge Railway Link PBRL, CSC,Bangladesh Army, (with CE Dept. BUET), 2019-2021
- Team Leader, Team of Experts, Review of Design of Water related structures, Bank Protection works, Water Intake Structures of Rooppur NPP , BAEC.
- Convenor, Review committee of Final report of Capital Dredging and sustainable river management of Bangladesh (CDSRMB) Project, BWDB
- Reviewer, Base line Study of River System Morphodynamics of Bangladesh Delta, Bangladesh Delta Plan 2100.
- Member,Technical Advisory Commmitee, Flood and River Bank Erosion Risk Management Investment Program (FRERMIP), BWDB
- Convenor, Investigation Team, formed by Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB) on Early flood on April 2017 in Haor areas of Bangladesh: Critical Review and Recommendations, October, 2017
- Team Leader, Hydraulic Analysis of Abutment Protection Works of Five Bridges of South side Approach road of Padma Bridge Project, CSC,Bangladesh Army 2014
- Team member as River Engineering Expert, Meghna Bridge Emergency Rehabilitation Project, RHD, 2013
- Team Leader, Hydrological and Morphological Study of Shitalakhya River Connecting Azmatpur (Gazipur)- Itakhola(Narsingdi) Raod Under RHD, Narsingdi Road division, RHD, 2012
- Team Leader, Hydrological and Morphological (Mathematical Modelling) Study Manikkhalil Bridge over Khalpetua River on Assasuni- Paikgacha Road under Sarkhira RHD Division, 2011
- Team Leader, Hydrological and Morphological (Mathematical Modelling) Study Baradal Bridge over Kabadak River on Assasuni- Paikgacha Road under Sarkhira RHD Division, 2011
- Team Leader, Capital Dredging Project and Bank protection Works and Jetty facilities of river Karnafuli from Sadarghat to Shah Amanat Bridge, CPA 2010-2012.
- Specialist advisory Service to RRI, Physical Model Study of Launching Behavior of Geobag with RRI under JMREMP of BWDB, 2009.
- Specialist advisory Service to RRI Physical model study of Padma Bridge with RRI. 2009
- Specialist advisory service to RRI Physical Model Study of Ganges Barrage Project with RRI, 2009
- Specialist advisory service to IWM as River Engineering specialist, Monitoring of Hydraulic and Morphological Conditions for the Safety of the Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge During the Year 2008-2009, IWM
- Advisory Services to CPA on the Physical Model Study of the 3 rd Karnafuli Bridge by RRI for RHD, 2006
- River Engineering expert, Bank Protection Works of Pangaon Inland Container Terminal, BIWTA (with CE Dept., BUET), 2003-06
- Advisory Service to CEGIS, Navigability of Baghabari - Paturia route of Jamuna River, Morphological Study, CEGIS ,2008
- Water Resources Expert; Integrated Development of Hatirjheel and Begunbari Khal, RAJUK & DWASA (with CE dept., BUET), from 2007 to date.
- Team leader and River Morpholologist and Sediment Transport Specialist, Hydraulic and Morphological study for the selection of suitable locationof Ferryghat alternative to Notakhola/ Nagarbari , Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority(BIWTA), 2003
- Ashuganj-Sirajganj River Crossing Tower Design , Power Grid Authority (with CE dept., BUET), 2003
- Feasibility study of Standby Discharge Channel for 5th and 3rd Discharge channel for Ashuganj Thermal Power Station with DDC, 2000
- Hydraulic expert: River Bank Protection work of dredged filled AES Meghnaghat 450 KV Power station construction, 2003
- Joint Study with RRI on Physical Modeling of Bangali River, 2006
- Advisory service to IWM, Hydraulic and Morphological Study Baderhat-Khayer Char Road Project with IWM, 2005
- Capital Dredging for Removal of Deposited Silt due to Construction of Bridge over River Karnafuli, 2003-04
- CPA Technical Evaluation of Some Selected Flood Protection and River Erosion Control Works, BWDB, (March 2001 to November, 2002).
- Study of Siltation Problem in the River Karnafuli from Shah Amanat Bridge to Sadarghat, CPA, (2001-2002).
- Feasibility Study for Introduction of Circular Water Ways Around Dhaka City , Phase-2, BIWTA, (June 2006-February 2007).
- Preparation of Design Guidelines and Manual for Bank Protection Works under Jumuna Meghna River Erosion Mitigation Project (JMREMP), BWDB, (May 2007-May 2008).
- Mathematical Model Study on the Effect of Construction of a RCC Jetty under Korean EPZ Project on Karnafuli River ,CPA, 2008
- Team member (with CE dept.), Coxsbazar-Teknaf marine drive project, 17th ECB, 2002
- Member,Team of experts, Extension of Dulai Khal Rehabilitation Project of Dhaka City Corporation (DCC), Dhaka , 1999
- Member of the Advisory Group to the Project ' Physical Modeling of the River Jamuna near -Jamuna Bridge site' of River Research Institute,Faridpur. Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge Authority (JMBA), 1995-1996
- Part-time Hydraulic Modeler under the project `Mathematical Model Study of Pussur-Sibsa River System and Karnafuli River Entrance in association with Danish Hydraulic Institute (DHI). Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of Bangladesh , 1989-96
- Water Resources Expert, Review of Recent Climate Change Study of Hydrological Regions Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies(BIDS), 1995
- Team Member, International Expert for Project formulation mission, Morphological Impact of the Main River System of Bangladesh, Project Document I, Dhaka , 1994
- Senior Research Engineer, Computational Hydraulic Group, from BUET at Surface Water Modeling Center (SWMC, presently IWM), MPO (North- West Regional Modeling Group) from1989-1994.
- Involved in a project on ' Study of the effects of land reclamation for establishment of fishing landing facilities at Monoharkhali, Chittagong , on Karnafuli river'. Client: Overseas Agro-fisheries Consultants Co. Ltd., Japan . November, 1992
- Analysis of Sediment Samples of various river of Atrai basin for Morphological study. Client: Howard Humphreys and Partners, in 1989-90
- Involved in the feasibility study (Technical aspects) of some Early Implementation Project (EIP) in coastal areas in Bangladesh in 1984.
- Jamuna river west bank shifting study near the tower of East-West interconnect.: Power Development Board in 1983.
As Course Coordinator/ Resource Person in Training in Seminars/Workshops
- M.A. Matin, Water Resources Management in Bangladesh: Challenges and Way towards achieving: Sustainable Water Environment,Keynote Speech-II, 1st National Conference on Water Resources Engineering (NCWRE-2018), CUET,21-22 March, 2018
- M.A. Matin, Management of Urban Water Sources of Dhaka City, Training on Climate, Water Disasters and Cities Management, Organized By CEGIS, and IWA at LWUA Centre, Manila, Philippines, October, 14-18, 2017
- M.A. Matin,Course coordinator and Resource Person in Training on "River Training Techniques" for BWDB Engineers" under FRERMIP project organised by WRE, BUET, 12-23, February, 2017
- M.A. Matin, Resource Person, " in thge training on River Delta Morphology: Evolution, Dynamics and Prediction" for gov. officials and professional: Lecture on Morphology and Sediment Transport,Organised by CEGIS 27-29 December, 2016
- Matin M. A., Course coordinator and Resource Person in Training on "River Engineering" for BWDB Engineers" under FRERMIP project organised by WRE, BUET, 3-9, April, 2016
- Matin M. A, Prospects of Water Resources in Bangladesh: Role of Water professionals, Seminar on Water and Jobs , World Water Day 2016 , BUET, March 22, 2016.
- Matin, M. A.,Modelling concept and uses in IWRM Practices ”Training of Trainers (ToT) On IWRM Concept and Its Practices” Organizer: CEGIS in association with BWP, 26 May, 2014 Organizer: CEGIS in association with BWP,21 March 2016
- Matin, M.A, Use of models for EIA Study, "Training course on EIA for Professionals, Organised by CEGIS, November,2015
- Matin .M.A , Water Resources in Bangladesh: Challenges and role of water Resources professionals, Seminar at AUST, Dhaka, Sept. 2015
- Matin M. A., Course coordinator and Resource Person in Training on " Dredging and Hydrographic Survey for LGED Engineers" , organised by WRE, BUET, 23-26 August, 2014
- Matin, M. A., Strategy Formulation and Option Development for IWRM through People's Participation, Training of Trainers (ToT) On IWRM Concept and Its Practices” Organizer: CEGIS in association with BWP, 26 May, 2014
- Matin, M. A.,Trans-boundary Water Management Issues under Climate Change Perspective in IWRM, Training of Trainers (ToT) On IWRM Concept and Its Practices” Organizer: CEGIS in association with BWP , 3 June 2013
- Matin, M. A., Strategy Formulation and Option Development for IWRM through People's Participation, Training of Trainers (ToT) On IWRM Concept and Its Practices” Organizer: CEGIS in association with BWP, 6 June, 2013
- Matin, M. A, River Hydraulics and Sediment Transport around the Bridges and management, Seminar on Sediment Hydraulics and River Management in Bangladesh, February, 2013
- Matin, M. A, Challenges and Management of surface water in Bangladesh Delta, Workshop on “ Building Climate Resilience in the Bangladesh Delta: Managing Effective Water Solutions" Organized by, BWP DGIS, BUET, IWM and CEGIS, Dhaka, February, 2013
- Matin, M. A, Sediment Transport in Rivers : Its effect and Management, SARRCTraining Programme on River Erosion and Embankment Safety Management in South Asia Region: organised by Dept. Geology, DU, July 2012
- Matin. M. A. Water Modelling and Water Resource Management" ; Environmentally Natural Resource management , Workshop organised by CEGIS, February, 2012
- Matin, M. A , “Dredge Material and its Management” Short course on Dredging, Organized by Directorate of Continuing Education, BUET, August, 2010.
- Matin, M. A. Strategy Formulation and Option Development for IWRM through People's Participation , Training of Trainers (ToT) On IWRM Concept and Its Practices” Organizer: CEGIS and IWFM in association with BWP , Date: 27 th November to 2 nd December, 2010
- Matin , M. A , ;Guidelines for good report writing: Training on Communication tools and Techniques, Organised by CEGIS, 30 October 01 to November 01, 2010 , Jessore .
- Matin, M. A, “ River Erosion in Bangladesh: Concerns and Remadial, P resented in round table conference of International Symposium on Environmental Degradation and Sustainable Development(ISEDSD-2010), BUET, Dhaka, April 11, 2010,
- Matin, M.A Specialist training course on River Bank prtection: Design of Bank Protection Revetment, ADB financed under JMREMP of BWDB, 2009.
- Matin, M. A ., Remarks on Recent Sirajganj Hardpoint Failure, Keynote paper presented in round table conference organized by " Paribesh Bachao Andolon", VIP Lounge, Press Club, Dkaka, August 12, 2009 .
- Matin, M.A. , Water Resources Problems and Role of Water Professional , Paper presented in Seminar on Water Problem of Dhaka: Some focuses , organized by Rotary Northern District, Hotel Radisson, April, 15, 2010.
- Matin, M.A. , Water Resources Problems and Role of Water Professional , Paper presented in Seminar on Water Resources Management: Bangladesh Perspective, organized by Dept. of WRE and Rotary Ramna, May 15, 2009 .
- Matin, M. A , Bari, M.F, Halim, M.A: Mathematical modeling of the Pussur- Sibsa river and Karnafuli entrance , Paper presented in the workshop on Applied Mathematics in Water Resources Engineering, organised by BUET-DUT university linkage project, BUET, 1995.
- Dey, K.C and Matin, M.A: An evaluation of sediment discharge in un sample zone near river bed . Paper presented in 39th annual convention of IEB, 1995 .
- Matin, M.A and Faruque, A.M: Applicability of sediment transport predictors in the North-West region of Bangladesh . Paper presented in 38th annual convention of IEB, Dhaka , Jan. 14-21, 1994 .
- Faruque A.M and Matin, M. A : Sediment characteristics of rivers in Atrai basin. Paper presented in 37th annual convention in IEB, Rajshahi, January 1993.
- Matin, M.A. Ahmed, S.M.U: Frequency of extreme value daily rainfall for the N-E region of Bangladesh . Paper presented at the 29th Annual Convention of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh , January 1985.